Old 11-30-2021, 02:16 AM   #1921
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
It’s not just our homegrown idiots who are the problem. It’s also the logistical nightmare of trying to vaccinate the whole world. If we can’t bring ourselves to shut the whole planet down until we can identify and eradicate 90 to 100% of the cases globally this is going to keep happening.

We cannot and will not do that. Add in the Greek Chorus of idiots around the globe and it’s not just an uphill fight, it’s nearly vertical. I’m pretty sure I sound like a broken record, but this will keep happening. We’re dealing with a threat the likes of which we haven’t seen before. It reminds me of criticisms I’ve heard and lodged against the military - too often they run into problems because they are refighting the last war.

Even the folks who have a clue are struggling and then we have a crowd of know-nothing, backbench warming, armchair flopping, barstool riding would-be epidemiologists spewing a reeking cloud of brain farts into the air. It will present interesting case studies for graduate students in 100 years IF we don’t REALLY FUCK THINGS UP BEFORE THEN. I’m not betting on us.
You have some good points, however,

This may help you -
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Atropine (11-30-2021), funwheeldrive (11-30-2021), Lantanafrs2 (11-30-2021)