View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #401
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspeed View Post
I feel the need to share here that, I don't get all the conversation about interiors in general from the sports car enthusiast community. Every article or vid that goes on and on about interior makes me die a little inside. WTF, if you claim you're a car enthusiast but talk a lot about the interior, then that tells me you're not a real car enthusiast. People will say they like to be comfortable, but that's not a "driver's car" thing, that's a Mercedes thing. Get an old Town Car or Mercedes or something.
For most people, a car is the second largest investment in their life after a house (and for many, it may be their largest). Expecting an interior to be of decent quality has no bearing on whether one is a "true" enthusiast, that's just BS gate-keeping.

While I can agree to a certain extent that the Youtubers go on a bit too much, that's the nature of trying to get clicks and is easily ignored. But having a decent interior to live with - especially if this car is your attainable dream (we can't all go out and buy Porsche GT3 RSes or whatever) - is a perfectly acceptable desire.

I never had a problem with the first gen interior personally (though it did squeak and rattle more new, than my 32 year old Celica). The only change I made was adding the armrest. But if they want to refine things a tad on the inside while also upgrading all the other bits we're getting, that works too.
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dake For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (11-20-2021)