View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 10:41 PM   #11
jeepmor

Drives: 84 CJ7, 08 Duramax, 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Was thinking I was all alone with this issue. I'm getting used to it as well and it has greatly reduced. I definitely put a large bit of that on breaking in the clutch. 350 ftlb of holding power is a lot more than stock, and when it bites, there is zero slip. My new routine of slipping the clutch on purpose is in 6th gear going 60ish. Not tortuous, just making it slip a bit, run a few miles to let it coole, slip it again routine. This helped a lot more than trying to do it in lower gears.

That said, It hasn't disappeared just yet, but I'm adapting well and not as concerned about it now. Pretty new to sports car stuff like this, but an old hat in regards to my jeep. And, now that I've driven enough, it's very similar in nature to wheel hop on the jeep leaf springs.

Thanks for the STI parts reference and Whiteline rear bushing suggestions. I've read the STI parts are stiffer, but still have low NVH. Not thrilled about the NVH feedback from radroach, but good to know it addresses a lot of this issue. It always felt like it was in the back end, not the clutch, but this type of issue can be difficult to pinpoint.

As stated before, it really feels like leaf spring wheel hop.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote