View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 11:14 PM   #1
jeepmor

Drives: 84 CJ7, 08 Duramax, 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bucking after new clutch install

I had a stage 2 SouthBend clutch installed a few months ago after the TOB failed. This is an Exedy clutch with 6 segments of their Feramic compound.

14 FRS at 87k manual trans car for reference. Put all new parts in down to a cerakoted bearing retainer, Verus fork and new subie TOB and flywheel. Only part I didn’t replace is the clutch pivot boss if I missed something.

Since then I can get some nasty bucking if trying to launch hard. It gets worse when after spirited driving for a good session. It’s tamed a bit since installation, but still occasionally it gets obnoxious. I was thinking it was break in norms, but it it has not stopped yet.

Also, I did have a Whiteline trans mount bushing installed. And lately, an HKS supercharger which has shown me how soft the bushing package really is making the issue more prevalent.

Now, to the solution space. I’m not sure if this is the engine/trans mount set or the rear end suspension bits. Any comments appreciated as to where to start. Which might just be buying a GoPro to see the problem.

My car is stock suspension wise other than the Whiteline trans bushing. I’d prefer an STI parts solution, but not sure if they address the rear end bushings with different parts like the STI grade engine and trans mounts.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeepmor For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-17-2021)