Sniepster

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
Michelin says 33 to 40 psi hot:
https://marketing.michelin.co.uk/p/P...etin_PSC2R.pdf

Most radials will have a very broad range of pressures over which they will work fine. Some think "lower is better" but I disagree... I usually run 34-36psi hot. Unless you have a lot of tires and dedicated test time at the track, you're not likely to ever know if you are optimized, even with a pyrometer. If you *do* use a pyrometer, be aware that "even temperature across the tread" is NOT the ideal. optimized setups will usually run a bit hotter on the inner portion of tread.

Just run 34-36psi hot and don't worry about it, until such time as you can have a dedicated test day at the track to record data with dozens of tires, and several techs to help out with measuring tire temps and pressures and to analyze lap times and data.
Well you've used the link for the Cup 2 R's which are softer than the normal Cup 2's. Doesn't Toyota recommend 35 psi on the stock 17 inch wheels? I guess i'll just be starting out with 34 hot and go from there...

I was hoping someone here had some experience with these particular tyres so I'd know how they handle in hot weather (it gets close to 100 F here in Bucharest) and adjust pressure accordingly
Sniepster is offline   Reply With Quote