Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
^i had a couple different responses typed up like that, but didn't want to come off as too anti-gun in a gun thread guns aren't bad, but i have objections to people that specifically own them only for home defense. like my boss who insisted on getting a 9mm after 2 break-ins in his subdivision, but refuses to ever go to a range to practice. to my knowledge, he's never fired a gun in his life. to me, he's created more of a hazard with the gun than without. people that practice know how to use it more efficiently, and start to understand that walls don't stop bullets from going into the kids rooms.

i completely agree on the baseball bat. cheap, legal, no practice needed. and anyone screaming and swinging one comes off as crazy, which is bonus points to ward off other attacks. when dealing with bad people, it's important to always be the craziest in the room. no one screws with crazy.

I love the guys who get a .45 for home defense. The thing will go thru multiple walls.

My main home defense weapon is a short barreled shotgun, and the first round is bird shot. If that doesn't get their attention, the next 7 rounds are buckshot.

You have to shoot. If you don't know how to use your weapon without thinking about it, you won't know how when the shit hits the fan and you are scared and your blood turns to pure adrenaline.

For homeless bums, I would get a bat and a big can of pepper spray to keep near the door.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-25-2021), humfrz (01-24-2021), soundman98 (01-24-2021), spike021 (01-24-2021), Spuds (01-25-2021)