Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
@Bergen23

Much like Paul in the video, if a person wanted muscle car power over precision handling and feel, then a stock 86 was never the car for them. The Stang will never have the agility of an 86.

As has been said over and over, it's easier (and cheaper) to add power than to subtract weight.

Why not just go F.I. on your FR-S and get both?
No, I totally get that, but, there's a bit more at work than what I decided to write down. I don't make it out to the track/autox/HPDE at all, because I only spend 5 days at home per month, and I have way too much shit to deal with to say "Hmm, maybe I'll drive 2 hours to get to the track (or whatever event) spend an morning/afternoon/evening/whatever then spend another 2 hours driving back". There's also not a whole lot of great roads to drive on local to me, and the ones that are fun, are low speed limits and I'm worried about tickets.

Don't get me wrong, I love my FR-S, it's been an amazing introduction to the world of car enthusiast-ness. And I've had a lot of fun driving it and such. But, as @raven1231 mentioned, it comes down to warranty and reliability as to why I don't want to go FI. I could save that money, and have a great down payment, plus the FR-S as a trade (Or maybe keep for another fun car? Who knows, as this is a long time away) and have very small payments on a car. Plus, the Mustang is very nice inside, and has creature comforts the FR-S doesn't.

Another thing to point out (which kind of ties into the HPDE thing) I don't overly care about making huge power, I'd be happy with the Mustang in stock form (minus coils and wheels to stance it out) and wouldn't need to worry about adding power. It all comes down to personal preference really. I bought the car because I told myself when I first saw it many moons ago that I'd own one some day. And in all honesty, it does what it was designed for very well, but I am missing seat of the pants acceleration. And there's many cars I've been looking at, Mustangs, Challengers, Caymans, S5's. I don't need something that'll slay corners all day.

TL;DR: FR-S is good at what it does, but it might not be for me after owning it for half a year
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (07-29-2015), raven1231 (07-29-2015), strat61caster (07-29-2015)