View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 08:30 PM   #19
blueskiesgreenlights

Drives: 2020 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Right off the top of my head though, I can't think of an amp for $100 that will compliment the Audio Control amp that you've already got. You would probably need between 300 to 500 watts RMS of subwoofer power to match your other speakers.

Answer #2) There are so many speaker manufacturers out there, I'm sure you should be able to find a coaxial that will work in the rear. However, I would suggest not purchasing a coaxial but rather a midrange-only driver. Let your front Sony separates create your front stage and let the rears be your rear fill. The front speakers are the most important. Here's a suggestion, amplify the stock rear speakers for the time being, get them time aligned and equalized through the Audio Control DSP amp, THEN if you don't like how it sounds, or if they can't keep up with your Sony's, find a replacement. I will end this answer with a question: When you go to a concert, do you stand and listen with your back to the band?

I had never heard of Big D. I will, indeed, spend some time watching his reviews. I noticed he posted one recently on the CT Sounds CT-400.1D. At $119 it looks promising.

I had considered a mid range component for the rear speakers. Perhaps I'll give the stock systems a listen in this role as you suggest Thanks!

Last edited by blueskiesgreenlights; 11-04-2021 at 08:48 PM.
blueskiesgreenlights is offline   Reply With Quote