View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #6
Driver

Drives: GTE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i doubt anyone will be able to "order" a FRS with specific parts. the reasoning is because A) its a limited production and B) they are made in Japan. What dealers usually do is dealer trade or request in their next allocation of Scions for a specific color or factory installed accessory a customer wants.
ie:
"mr dealer, i want a black FRS."
dealer, "okay we have a white one but can most likely locate one for you"
you, "okay great I will wait"
dealer then calles closest scion dealer with a black FRS, that dealer counters with what vehicle they want in return, either the white one you passed on or say a XLE Camry.
you don't get to "order" a black one they will just locate and trade for a black one for you.

your best bet if you want scion or TRD parts/accessories is to have said dealerships parts dept order them and then you can decide if you want to or have the dealerships technicians install them.

having said that, is their a chance that they build FRS down the road (ie: release series) with TRD or Scion accessories installed from the factory IN JAPAN, sure anything is possible but I'm not holding out for any of that.

and finally, to answer your question though LO in simplest terms. it would cost more to get fog lamps or say a TRD exhaust from the dealer because your going to have to pay the dealership to pay their technician to instal them. VS the factory installing them. DISCLAIMER: I am not claiming that the scion will offer fog lights from the factory.
Driver is offline   Reply With Quote