Old 11-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #196
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 View Post
The header design on the prior generation car was terrible, it was heavily revised on this generation. There is not a bunch of slack leftover with the OEM headers this time around. Even I knew that months before upgrading haha.

One thing I tell any noobie to our platform or considering the platform is that if you dont think you'd enjoy the car stock, don't buy it. There are no miracle bolt ons parts or a tune that will make this car SIGNIFICANTLY different. Slightly better, sure. Marginally better for a whole lot of money in return.

Controversial opinion but If you want more power, just get a 2.0T Supra imo. They're hitting a price point now that makes a lot of sense. Premium GR's are around $35k OTD, I have seen 2.0 Supras low 40s. Double the torque of our car, front mid engine, 8 speed lighting fast auto, tunability to make it even quicker. 2,850lbs (GR) vs 3,175 (2.0 Supra)

I understand liking the aesthetics of the 22+ twins and also liking manual. However, there are already cars out there that do what people are trying to be optimistic and force these cars into doing. And when they hit that wall, they'll complain about how unreliable they are just like we've seen for the past 10 years with the prior generation.
$4k more at $48k buys you a Camaro SS 1LE. 455hp V8, engine/trans/diff coolers for track work, E-Diff, Brembos at all 4 corners, Recaros, Magne ride shocks, etc. I test drove one a few years ago, monster car. But I couldn't justify it since it likely wouldn't see the track or street often. I've had my '23 for almost 3 months and still haven't even cracked 600 miles.

The 4 cylinder Supra at $44k isn't very compelling, to me anyway.

And if someone really wants cheap thrills, just buy a liter bike.
Pete (11-28-2022), VoltsFRS2013 (11-22-2022)