Old 11-22-2022, 02:44 PM   #195
VoltsFRS2013

Drives: 2022' GR86 Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
No, I'm talking about C8 Corvettes even though I specifically said the 2nd gen cars in my post.

And yes, the reason a "tune" on an FI car makes more power is because you can just turn up the boost and fuel to match it.

As for the new car, people were hoping to see the same kind of gains, with the same mods as we did on the first gen. But the car was much better optimized from the factory vs the first gen, so the gains aren't there.
The header design on the prior generation car was terrible, it was heavily revised on this generation. There is not a bunch of slack leftover with the OEM headers this time around. Even I knew that months before upgrading haha.

One thing I tell any noobie to our platform or considering the platform is that if you dont think you'd enjoy the car stock, don't buy it. There are no miracle bolt ons parts or a tune that will make this car SIGNIFICANTLY different. Slightly better, sure. Marginally better for a whole lot of money in return.

Controversial opinion but If you want more power, just get a 2.0T Supra imo. They're hitting a price point now that makes a lot of sense. Premium GR's are around $35k OTD, I have seen 2.0 Supras low 40s. Double the torque of our car, front mid engine, 8 speed lighting fast auto, tunability to make it even quicker. 2,850lbs (GR) vs 3,175 (2.0 Supra)

I understand liking the aesthetics of the 22+ twins and also liking manual. However, there are already cars out there that do what people are trying to be optimistic and force these cars into doing. And when they hit that wall, they'll complain about how unreliable they are just like we've seen for the past 10 years with the prior generation.

Last edited by VoltsFRS2013; 11-22-2022 at 02:55 PM.
VoltsFRS2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VoltsFRS2013 For This Useful Post:
CaptainFenderbaum (11-28-2022), Midnightsky (11-26-2022)