View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 10:58 PM   #8
chazmuska

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I don't expect the aftermarket to be exactly the same as it was for gen 1. In terms of turbos and superchargers, demand might be somewhat less due to the car now having adequate horsepower out of the box to do a hard launch in the 5s range, putting it in line with an STI which auto journalists will acknowledge. Of course there will be some demand, but I don't think the car will be judged as underpowered or not meeting its potential anymore. The new FI goal for the mainstream ambitious but not wreckless, will be well above 300 HP, which required swapping injectors in gen 1, thereby resulting in tunes in the 240 -280 HP being most typical.
I'd say buy the performance package from the get go unless your ambitions far exceed that for track use. If you're invested in upgrading the performance on your gen1, then a gen 2 isn't going to massively outperform it with swapped parts.

I wonder how many years in they plan to implement an electric power assist? Maybe not if low weight is defining for this vehicle. Looking ahead, although not an almighty Ferrari or Aston Martin V12, a 2.4L displacement ICE will become either a luxury novelty, a product sold only in unregulated countries or out of production in a decade or so. So, either this could be the end of the line for this type of vehicle or there is a plan to implement some form of electric assist for the future.
I'd like an electric S-FR in lime green please.
Ha, that interesting you say that. I always wondered what a Tesla motor would do in one of these chassis. I bet it would be a Rocket! 🚀 But they're still so darn heavy with the batteries so it probably wouldn't corner as well.
chazmuska is offline   Reply With Quote