Old 10-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #1882
Ghost of Akina

Drives: DE5 Integra Type S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_89 View Post
Could you please elaborate on why you preferred the BRZ over Type R, from a driving standpoint?

I suspect it may be a matter of being able to use a "slow car" fast more often versus losing your lisence everytime you floor it in the Type R.
I think that definetly was a component of it anyways. I've owned several different cars over the years including more than one toyobaru. When I bought the Type R I was trying to combine fun car with daily driver dad mobile lol. For me the result was not a good fit, sure it hauled the kids, sure I could get on it and actually have power lol but having driven our cars before it felt heavy, i certainly could still tell it was front wheel drive despite what all the YouTubers will tell you lol and I started to notice I never loved the styling but I tolerated it. I like Honda's my first import car was a Honda 20 years ago. Because I am in a position where I can have multiple cars I want my fun car to make me smile and be an event everytime I drive and be my passion project, the BRZ/86 does that for me I can drive it at 8/10ths and avoid a ticket lol, it feels so planted and does what I want when I tell it, it has a great design, and lots of aftermarket and lets not forget a great community like this one here. The CTR for me was good but not special, suddenly there were more popping up than 86/BRZ I see on the road and yea I certainly found myself speeding much more than I would normally. I used to also own a 400 whp Evo X GSR and I think that spoiled the whole fast street car thing for me, not to mention some cockpit time in a GTR on a track. There are lots of faster cars that are more practical but for me and only me the BRZ/86 does that. It reminds of the Nissan S-Chassis which are still some of my favorite cars. I am getting way off track and probably not making sense anymore. I never got any negative attention , not that I care what other people think but I did get alot of attention and to be honest began to get annoying. No body notices the BRZ except other car folks who know what it is or likes small sports cars or kids, kids love the thing lol. What I would say is you have to drive and try it for yourself to decide what you are passionate about driving. For some it's 800hp straight line monsters, others it's motorcycles (which are fun and addictive as well), or hot hatches, but for me I have been through enough cars to know I truly enjoy what the BRZ/86 is, and it suits my needs as a life long gear head with a preference of RWD light weight manual Japanese cars that will also keep me outs of cuffs and money in my pocket for mods instead of tickets lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
86MLR (10-07-2020), alone1i (10-07-2020), Ash_89 (10-07-2020), DriveDriftDogfight86 (10-09-2020), Hoahao (10-07-2020), Spuds (10-07-2020)