View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #13
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Issue is because of the STi kit - if i lower it, it will be way too low and i will be scraping everywhere. 18s with larger rubber than the stock tires will have the car sit a little higher which would offset the drop.

Also i believe there are 18s that u can get that are lighter than the stock 17s.

From researching the topic endlessly I've been convinced by the camp that say 18's, even if lighter, push weight further from the centre of the hub increasing rotational weight.

There's loads of really good threads around the performance benefits of sticking to stock size or going 17x8" setups.

Some interesting talk in this thread about peoples choices and reasoning's, but there really is a lot more on our forum.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...nsprung&page=2

Some even swear by 16" for ride comfort and further reduced weight / improved performance. I even hear the 86 suspension was actually original calibrated on 16's. I'd need to go digging for that one.

18's naturally have less sidewall to protect your wheel and absorb impacts so your ride will be rougher, even with a lighter wheel.

Your choice in the end though. That's all the matters really as its your money and you're the one that has to live with the car
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote