View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 08:25 AM   #457
saltywetman

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I bought my '13 brand new, deposit paid in April '12. The total incl tax was around $31,500 CD.
Subsequently over the next few years I spent at least $20K more for the supercharger, tune, body kit, complete exhaust, Ohlin's, wheels, tires, brake upgrades, etc.

The car has 77,000 kms (46000 mile) on it and has never seen snow. The last 4 digits of the VIN indicate it was probably around the 1800th unit assembled.

If I sold it I'd expect to get a very small fraction of the cost back. And I should note that I tried to be very frugal, buying all the bigger mods lightly used.

So, I can get maybe less than 1/3 my cost back and to do the same thing again this time around would probably cost me in the range of $70k all said with similar performance in the end. I don't need more than the 300 or so hp I have now.

The only real sacrifice to me would be not driving the latest style, but since I consider these cars to be future classics that doesn't bother me much.
aside from your supercharger, it's likely your brakes, ohlins, wheels + rubber, and exhaust (although you likely may not want to use the header would be transferrable over to the second gen. After finding out that some mods from first gens are compatible, I am now very very tempted to convert a bunch of stuff back to stock once car is paid off the year after and getting a second gen. The looks are starting to grow on me (still hate the tail lights though!)
saltywetman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltywetman For This Useful Post:
wbradley (12-14-2021)