Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltax90 View Post
while assetto corsa for ps4 has been great, im looking to switch to pc for this game.

no experience or knowledge of pc gaming, would really only be using a pc for this game (not really into anything other than racing) was thinking of googling "gaming pc" and buying the cheapest one.

convenience wise was thinking of getting a gaming laptop, but would that be enough to support a game like assetto corsa? what with downloading all the big mods other users upload, playing online with other people, graphics, etc. in terms of computing power er whatever? (no idea what im saying here folks)

tldr: never had a gaming pc, want to download and play online all the cool mods other people people make in assetto corsa, what's the best deal and which computer should i get to achieve that.

thanks!
Ok, first question is what level of graphics are you willing to deal with. That determines half or more of the cost right there. I don't know much about PS4 hardware, but I imagine it is relatively high in terms of display power.

Then look at the recommended system requirements for the game. You need at least that. Disk space is pretty cheap if you have a hdd (spinny disk hard drive) instead of an ssd (solid state), bit it will be slower. See link below, assuming that is the right game.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/system-requirements/

Based on that, you will want at least an Intel i5 (or AMD equivalent) running Windows 10, I would recommend at least 8GB ram and at least a 120GB hard drive as Windows takes up a lot of space. Now, that is going to look like pretty much any PC out there. The difference is in cooling, graphics, and peripherals. You will probably be fine with any gaming graphics card from the last few years on AC. I run it at 4k on a GTX 1080 which seems to handle it fine.

Note that the cooling and power supply on cheaper systems with these specs are likely to be loud and of lower quality overall. I would expect to spend about about $1k on a moderately inexpensive gaming desktop all together. Maybe a bit more depending on what peripherals you want. Gaming laptops are going to be closer to $1.5-$2k.

Plenty of sites like this to help you out too.
https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/

Last edited by Spuds; 09-22-2020 at 09:13 PM.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
beltax90 (09-22-2020)