Killed Scion

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,485 Posts
Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 185 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand, this allows the FR-S to finally have multiple trims as a result of the Toyota badging and finally bring the Monogram features to more FR... oh, sorry, I mean USDM GT86s beyond the Monograms and 10/Release Series. That probably won't matter much at least exterior-wise since the GT86 is due for a facelift next model year.

On the other hand, Scion has been kind of a staple of Toyota since 2002. Not as long as Lexus, but still, I'm shocked and kind of sad. It's funny that I would never have seen myself in a Scion as I too at one point didn't have a high opinion of the brand, but here I am, in one of the very last Scions to be produced.

Oh well, it was a good run Scion.

On the bright side, I own one of the last Scions ever to be made. That means I own a car with badges that still means absolutely nothing to car collectors!
Eh. We have no Idea what they will be doing with the MY17s yet. But, like you said, the MY17s were due for a facelift and might be incorporating that with the new Toyota version.
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.