View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #110
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
I noticed that the spring descriptions said they were for various levels of boost. I'm not sure how that works since I would think that higher cylinder pressures would only help the springs. But I'm sure there's a good reason. That being the case, then springs on a boosted motor (definitely pre '15 according to the above post) would seem to be a good idea. However, with the sheer number of boosted twins that are running just fine without valvetrain issues, I don't think it would be an immediate concern. Maybe an off-season upgrade?
I personally removed my check valve on my pcv passenger side and have a tiny cone filter on both engine pcv to vent to atmosphere. I plugged the the hole on the intake with a vacuum plug with clamp.

I think if you get boost into the engine and it creates a back pressure on the valve, the valve will float. The piston will kiss the valve and the valve will throw the rocker to the moon. the tube from intake to passenger pcv. When under boost the tube now has boost. The pcv is closed. The only pcv that can open is the front near the ac. That doesn't seem good the rear passenger pcv is unable to let boost out and can cause back pressure.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote