View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #10
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
articles like these always leave me conflicted. i've worked people that have 'fuck-you' money like that, but live like they're on their last dime.

they're terrible people to do anything for, and they usually try to get everything they can for cheap or free, usually to their own detriment.

and while it's good that the money is going to charities, i just don't get the philosophy to leave that much money behind and not enjoy it before you die. as jd001 said-- most charities piss away money pretty easily, so while the money appears to be be going somewhere good, it's not much better then if he had just spent it and enjoyed himself.

Most? Citation needed on that one. Yes, there are charities that misuse money but that doesn’t mean most.

Even if 50% of the money makes it to social work (the guy was a social worker), that group has benefited enormously compared to him blowing it on material things. How do you know he didn’t enjoy himself? Lots of people have fulfilling lives without spending a ton of money. He was driving a pretty fun little sports car... it wasn’t like he was rolling in some 30 year old malaise era heap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quentin For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (01-03-2019), Vic4uf (01-04-2019)