Old 08-13-2019, 12:07 AM   #9
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ FTW View Post
I hit a big bump in the highway where they paved new section next to the old. The tarmac was offset probably 6" or so and I hit it at 70mph. I bent three rims as a result. So I replaced the three rims but I'm getting quite a bit more nvh in the cabin/seat/everything than I did before.

Whats the best way to tell if a blew one of my struts or shocks? I have the '17 PP Sachs with roughly 19k miles on them.

Is there anything else I should check?
Only way to really be sure is wheels off on a lift. If you blew them, they're likely leaking oil. Realistically though, you probably damaged a lot more than the three wheels in your suspension in the process, and not just possibly the struts. I hit a bad spot on the road on a roadtrip earlier this year and bent the OEM toe arm on the passenger rear.

You're in San Antonio just like I am, so you can go to Turner's DIY and get on a lift for $20/hr with access to air tools. If you want my assistance just send me a PM and I will work it into my schedule to come help you out. I always try to help out any local owners (I've done plenty of exhaust and suspension upgrades .

Also, out of curiosity where did you hit this spot so I know to avoid it
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tristor For This Useful Post:
BRZ FTW (08-13-2019), Phuviano (08-13-2019), Racecomp Engineering (08-13-2019), Ultramaroon (08-13-2019)