View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #26
AZ94

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey guys I've had a 2017 86 for a few weeks now and I'm thinking about putting some TRD lowering springs on it to make the wheel gap a little smaller and I like the lowered look of the 86.

I daily drive my 86 on 225 45 17's and it feels perfect the way it is. The ride is a bit harsh up in Michigan because the roads are absolute crap but it is still plenty comfortable for me.

The thing is I don't want to compromise the daily drivability and overall feel of the car. I know there has been a lot of discussion on lowering springs already but I haven't found too much on the 2017 version. I know they made some adjustments to the suspension to make it ride smoother stock compared to the 13-16's stock and I've also heard that the TRD lowering springs actually made the ride quality better for the 13-16's. Does anyone have input on how the TRD lowering springs affects the ride quality of the 17 compared to stock? The roads up here are crap enough and I don't really want noticeably worse ride quality.

I've also never scraped the bottom even on some really steep driveways just driving normally and I like having that peace of mind. Do the TRD lowering springs sort of ruin that peace of mind of not scraping or are you noticeably more aware of it?
AZ94 is offline   Reply With Quote