View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #189
TunaNoCrust

Drives: 86, 981S, RX8, 2500HD, GenesisV8
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Well guys, I need your help again... My starting problems have not gone away. My flywheel is now missing teeth from the starter kicking out and I've decided to retire the car for the season. I need information on where to go from here though.

I think I'm going to replace the crank sensor as a precaution. It's only about $70 and not hard to replace.

It occurred to me yesterday that maybe my fuel rails become vapor locked (or something???) so the fuel injectors have to cycle through all the air or whatever before I can get fuel. Seems unlikely but it seems everyone has a return system for fueling except me. I essentially reused the stock system on the car side and the stock LS rail on the engine. Do you guys think a return style fuel system will help my hard/no start? How are your systems setup? PS I don't want to use the Radium hanger because I can't spend the money
Absolutely go to a return style fuel system. I would never run a returnless system or waste my money on those radiums. Mine was a bottom sump fuel cell with the pump well below the fuel cell sump and the regulator was mounted as close to the fuel rails as possible. Bypass/Return from regulator went back to the top of the cell.

My "car" never ever had an issue starting, and I put it in some precarious positions.
TunaNoCrust is offline   Reply With Quote