Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
Because OP mentioned about reliability and daily drive without a budget constraint. I am apparently not sharing your LS excitement and recommending against doing that swap. LS is a good engine but I haven't seen an LS swap that is as reliable as a Corvette yet, other than a couple donuts, rumbles, and rubber burns. I enjoy this swap forum as much as you and respect the builders for their skills and efforts. But the OP is not doing this himself to enjoy the challenge. Only thing left is paying big bucks to a powerful but finicky car. Please show that "incredibly" reliable LS swapped twin.

This is my honest opinion and my only intention is to help OP.
Suggesting a built turbo FA20 or a synergy v8 as a more reliable option than an ls3 is uneducated at best. Why not suggest a 2jz if you're not an ls fan?

@DustinS, @Sportsguy83, @Pure Automotive

Most of the issues I have seen personally are from people saving money with questionable transmissions or blocks initially. Go back and read about the BRZ06, even though weapons grade performance had a rough run reputation wise for a while that initial car was a great build.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote