Old 08-11-2020, 04:02 PM   #20
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,154 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
Totally agree. I've had one European car with lug bolts and I can't imagine mounting the wheels without rings. Stock wheels was a cinch, though - just put them on the ring and rotate them until the holes line up.
With hub studs you need to kinda hook the wheel onto the studs the right way, otherwise the other studs will interfere with mounting the wheel. I really don't see the benefit of hubcentric rings for mounting here (I had my Enkei's for a moth until the rings arrived (shipping problems), and felt zero difference once I've put them on).
Heh, when I had my PF01s, I also ordered a set of cheapy aluminum hub rings from China (eBay specials): the edge of the rings actually led to my wheels being unbalanced (not mounting flush to the face of the hub), leading to vibration issues (thank God nothing worse than the vibration happened).
Ended up ordering a set of Enkei hubrings from JRP and while it fixed the vibration, it was likely also a waste of money/overkill.
If I'd just done the install without the rings, probably wouldn't have had an issue.
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote