View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #3824
Breadman

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
If you're serious about an XSA car I think you'll dump $10k+ into the engine, you'll want to push >350whp methinks, which will eat trannys. You'll be playing on 295-315 wide tires so you're not saving much on tires even though they're 200tw.

Does LPSP allow update backdate? I'd go play in DSP if cost was a concern, the car makes good power on E85 and not cutting the fenders should keep you on <275 tires. A 315/30/18 BFG is more expensive than a 275/35/17 A7.

But if competitiveness isn't a priority play with whatever tires make you happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
The chassis will never ever be competitive in XSB, leave the spare in and you'll add some weight with the power adders (whether turbo, super, or an engine swap) along with wider wheels. XSB will be <2200# MR2s and Miatas making over 400hp.

Ballasting up to minimum weights is the way to go, from autox to F1.

Edit, you don't even need to remove the spare to be underweight for XSA, just run half a tank of gas, this car is pretty well poised for XSA.

i didnt even think about adding weight. you can probably stack up a bunch of aero or run these bad boys
Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote