Old 01-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #19
mrk1

Drives: Sterling BRZ Ltd
Thanked 1,389 Times in 671 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueno86power View Post
Thanks a lot for your help and comments. The catch that I'll installed will be a Cusco catch can, with no baffle inside. The only thing that left to see is if it will have oil leaking from the open port since it don't have baffle. Personaly I don't think so, since it's only oil vapors that commin' out.

And so you didn't have any engine related problem? Like bad idle? Your car is N/A or boosted?

My BRZ is still in the works but it shouldn't be any different they the other systems I've built. If you hook it up correctly there should be no side effects. Also don't use huge hose, mine now uses 1/2" stainless hard lines. My car has a turbo but its shouldn't really matter, any engine with DI is going to be very touchy about oily pistons and I think as time goes on we will see issues around this.

These lines connect to the port under the AC compressor and the one under the back of the manifold. Those they connect to the inlets on the can. I will cap off the unused port left on the manifold and my intake piping does not have anything for that side so I don't need to worry.

Here is a shot from when I was making the can, these baffles now have a series of decreasing sized holes in each layer.

The concept is the oil clings to the walls and gravity pulls it to the bottom where is then goes into a hose that runs down the side of the tranny. The hose acts as the storage capacity and a handy drain. The air is left to vent out the top and that "exit" is only accessible from the inner most chamber, the cleanest. I like to use baffles instead of filter media because then the can needs to be able to open for cleaning. This design is solid state one hunk design. I'll drain it every so often and run solvent through.

GT28RS - eBoost2 - 3.91 Final Drive - Supra LSD
mrk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrk1 For This Useful Post:
xDanger_208x (01-23-2014)