Old 07-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #71709
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Random thought, would the world (or at least internet) be a better place if everyone was 100% anonymous? Like if posts or articles weren't even tied to a writers profile/name, etc. and you couldn't actually describe a specific person because you don't have any information about them.

Alternatively, what if nobody was anonymous? As in everyone had to use real names, credentials, and addresses, certified by some third party and hardware token?

Not this site specifically but in general.
There are pros and cons to everything. I liked the Internet better when you could be 100% anonymous. It young, wild, and free. I actually got kicked off of Facebook because I refused to use my real name. It's not that hard to figure out who I am, but I just don't like my real name easily tied to every little comment I ever make. Nor people digging for shit to use fallacies against me. Of course the downside is you get the spammers, trolls, outright hate speech, etc... but whatever grow a pair and have good ways to moderate. I prefer the freedom over security.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (07-29-2020), Spuds (07-29-2020), WildCard600 (07-29-2020)