View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #18
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Interesting point, I too have a Borla UEL catless header on E85 OFT, I would imagine you would be non compliant with emissions requirements if you ever had to be tested. Not sure if you east coast people need to do this yearly? Only one way to know for sure and that is to get tested. BTW I also have the Vland headlights with HID conversion and love it. I had halogen then LED then HID and the difference is literally night and day, HID rules. Would be nice to have the Boomerangs as DRL's however I can't be bothered with the wiring. Tried techstream and the interface but it doesn't allow that customisation unfortunately, just silly stuff like seatbelt chimes and other useless stuff. Peace out.
No, luckily for us we don't have to do a yearly test. We have normal police and highway patrol police. Normal police aren't really expected to know much about cars so if you give them attitude or they aren't feeling to generous they'll typically report you to our 'Environmental Protection Agency' where they'll test your car thoroughly. (That being said in most cases a cop will really only report you for obvious things like a loud exhaust or a bolt on non factory turbo. More subtle modifications like headers, tune, air filter etc generally go un-noticed as they would to an ordinary person looking at your engine bay with no car knowledge). Failure of the EPA can result in up to a $10,000 fine in addition to a cost for a secondary testing. Generally this doesn't happen as like your yearly emissions testing, people sent to the EPA just revert to stock for the test. On the other hand not too sure what happens if you're pulled over by the highway patrol. They generally have a greater understanding of what to look for in modified cars and have on the spot testing equipment such as an emissions reader/ decibel reader for exhausts. Would assume that would be an on the spot fine in addition to an EPA report.

And yea same on the VLAND's, not to bummed by lack of automatic boomerangs as I can always flip the parking lights on for them during the day.
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote