NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I don't see any ECU swapping products on Pure Auto's site, but I believe it use to be $6000 for the wiring harness, Motec M1, CANBUS translator, and maybe for a K24 basic/limp mode tune, but I'm not really sure about that part. Regardless, a custom tune was needed.

I think $4,500 for those parts using Haltech might be expected. I think a custom header, intake manifold, oil pan, engine mounts, transmission adapter, hydraulic TOB, etc. will be separate from their electronics package, so people can choose the products that fit the needs of their project.

From what I have read from others switching from Haltech to Motec, they basically mirrored what this guy is saying. Price really depends on the build, where for some builds, the price is similar, and you get more features/quality/etc with Motec. For NA builds, this might be cheaper. For FI, the Motec might offer more features along with the potential of the S2000 transmission for handling more power, so each swap provider might have a package that is best. I'm not entirely sure how these ECUs compare today versus the past.

I think 4500 is a reasonable guess for that engine management.

KPower does have adaptors for the BMW 5 and 6 speed transmissions. They are not sorted for our platform specifically so I don't know about fit, so it would take making your own mounts to get them to work. It is a pretty robust transmission. Looking at the TA build that DIY is doing, he used a 5 speed and has the engine set way back in the bay and he had to cut out one support in the tunnel.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...&postcount=288

I looked into the S2K transmission when I was following Pure's kit and it doesn't really seem like that much of an upgrade. With the AP1 transmissions there were a few TSB's on them. They had some syncro issues as well as popping out of 4th. The AP2's had better syncro's but some early ones would pop out of second. They seem to develop some shifting issues when tracked, just like our current transmission does. I picked up a lot of this off the S2K forums so take it with a grain of salt.
Irace86.2.0 (02-04-2021)