NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulsarBeeerz View Post
There is also option C. for crazy people like me who are interested in engine swaps that aren't LS or 2JZ based. I would wager the vast majority of engine swaps never even make it to the track. I'm interested because I think it would be a fun interesting project and a satisfying learning experience. Also $3000 for another FA20 is probably only a 1/3 of what this swap will cost all said and done with much less effort. lol
I honestly would be really happy with NA 240WHP, I don't need a 400HP V8 or want to deal with an FI'd FA20. That is what has been so appealing with the K series to me. At this point I am pretty much married to the FA for a while so I am just observing from the outside now.

I don't think it will be too bad cost wise, it really depends on what the Haltech elite 1500 cost, which from most of what I have seen is around 1500. I think I remember seeing the Pure setup with motec was around 17K, but just the ECU was 6k of that price and that was with the S2K transmission and FBO. It is going to come down to what the premium KPower is going to charge for their harness and R&D for the can integration to get the haltech to work. Parts wise it doesn't look that pricey.
Irace86.2.0 (02-04-2021), Wally86 (02-04-2021), WolfpackS2k (02-12-2021)