View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 09:40 AM   #105
horsinaround

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
I'm going to give you the answer that you don't want to hear: You're going to have great difficulty and spend a great amount of time searching for the exact ECU for your car since you've made these repairs yourself.

The same ECU was used for every first gen BRZ, 86 and FR-S. What changed, not only from year to year, and from automatic to manual, and also depending on what country the car was sold in, was the Calibration ID numbers (CAL ID). These would indicate the specific tune for that specific cars' setup (and there are MANY of them).

You can find the CAL ID through the use of OBD 2 compliant code readers and software. Your OEM ECU has its own CAL ID for your original tune pre-cam gear replacement. You will have to find an ECU from a car that is of the same year, is the same region, the same transmission, and has had the same repair done to it by a dealer, and then you STILL might not have the correct CAL ID in the replacement ECU that you purchase.

You might try to start a new thread asking if anyone here has had this repair done matching your cars' setup to see if you can get any results. It's possible they may already know the CAL ID of the ECU for their post-repaired car and can steer you in the right direction.

I know there is a list of CAL ID's in the ECUTek software that I mentioned, (every CAL ID that has been found and registered in the database by our fellow tuners and ECUTek themselves) and I'm certain that one of those will work for your car, it's just that we have to determine which one.

If you don't mind me asking, (and you can PM me the answer if you'd like) where in Ohio are you located? If you're close enough, I may be able to help you.
Ok, An update... and maybe help for someone in the same boat.

2013 Scion FRS April 2013 Build date. Had P0018 Code. Replaced the timing gear. CEL stayed on Was permanent. Dealer said I needed a new ECM and to save a few bucks I could buy one on my own and put it in. They said I needed SCION part number SU003-04674. The original ECM is Subaru HE 22765AC813 112700-1235 12V DENSO. I called SCION parts and asked for the ECM... it was ~$500. I didn't know based on comments here and elsewhere if the ECM would fix it or not, and didn't want to lay out $500. I went to the junk yard and bought an ECM off a 2012 Manual SCION... HD 22765AC803-112400-4846. It started but CEL stayed on... Junk yard got that one back and i got my money back. I called Subaru parts and asked for a replacement for HE 22765AC813 112700-1235. They told me that part had been superseded by CW 22765AG511 112700-6501. I got on ebay, found one, and put it in...it works... Not sure what the difference is between the HE xxx and the CW xxx, but the Toyota / SCION dealer told me they had done upgrades to the ECM. Scion could not give me the upgrade part numbers printed on the ECM, had to go to Subaru for that.

Hopefully it sticks and keeps working/keeps me in business, and hopefully someone else finds this helpful...
horsinaround is offline   Reply With Quote