brzaapi
CAR-AHOLIC

Drives: 2018 BRZ Ts - CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostyman View Post
I noticed a LOT of rolling resistance when I went up to 255. I'm on a square 18 X 9 setup, but I've been considering buying 4 more of the same rim I'm running in a smaller size, maybe 7.5 or 8, run staggered, and have a second set all around for winters.
Hmmm. I didn't really notice to much rolling resistance a little. What I did feel was a heavier steering feel. I am only running 225 in the front (lighter weight than stock rims/tires) and it made a pretty good jump in steering. I have since adjusted to it and I love the steering now. I wouldn't increase my front tire size until I saw reason too, so far I have none. I wonder if your overall rolling resistance is coming from having all 4 corners being 255. I am no expert in such things but with my staggered setup I didn't really notice any real increase. The steering feel was what grabbed my attention.

Also, are you running boosted? if not I definitely don't see any real functional reason to run 255's or even 245's. However wheels and tires are completely subjective from driver to driver, but that's my thinking anyway. FWIW
brzaapi is offline   Reply With Quote