View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 11:35 AM   #10988
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
I have the original 1.5 setup. I use two Powersonic 18aH and two Sigma Tek 9aH batteries for the ESC and one Powersonic 18aH for the car battery.
I got into the game very early. I think I got the third one made. The controller on that one burned up and Rob sent me a new improved version. Later I had a complete meltdown. I was sitting a a traffic light and smoke started billowing out from under my hood. I pulled over, opened the hood and the wires from the controller were on fire!
I sent the burned up kit back to Rob for evaluation and Rob sent me the latest and greatest (at the time). It has the two step footswitch and the new battery tray. Rob even offered to buy me new batteries for the new tray.
But I declined because the old batteries were still fine. I gave the new tray to one the forum members.
Oh, by the way, what happened to the kit that burned up? The shaft on the motor broke jamming everything up. And the controller overamped. That's the reason why Rob went with the two stage switch. There was such a shock to the shaft by going from zero to 50,000 RPM in a microsecond. After so many shocks the shaft just gives up.
Damn lol I should just keep it how it is then. Makes me wonder how long the shaft on my phantoms will last me [emoji51]

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote