Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
Fwiw I'm pro vaccine and have been immunized but I'm skeptical of the recent numbers being reported. The numbers shown by the wapo are positive test results not necessarily positive cases. They're also including presumptive positive results whatever that means. All political bullshit imo designed to strengthen the fear and further divide the country.
So that's not necessarily politically motivated. There might be a privacy/bureaucratic problem where associating a test result to a person is problematic for some reason. Basically, in order to count some item to produce the aggregated numbers, you have to make all individual items available for counting. It's a lot easier to provide test results without PII associated to it than it is to provide the list of people that tested positive. PII is like handling bureaucratic unexploded ordinance. Nobody really wants to touch it because then you have privacy lawsuits and/or a possible data breach.

I also remember that, at least where I live, there were questions on whether you had taken a covid test before. Iirc there was some restriction on getting tested multiple times if you tested positive previously.

I recommend doing a bit of research into what the presumptive results are if it concerns you. It sure beats making a fool of yourself on the internet complaining about something in the same post where you admit you don't actually know what it is lol. Let us know what you find.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (07-29-2021)