Old 07-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #91
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Awesome!

Any kind of penalty for them not paying back in an allotted time period?

Seems like this is trust based.

Also how were they in court? Any anger on their side
I'm not sure what the time period is before any penalty or escalation can start taking place. There is an option where Works can pay the award through the court like a speeding ticket. This option would allow them to not have to contact me but it would also be nice if they could replay to my email and let me know if they had chosen to go with that option.

The verdict was decided after the we left the trial. The judge said he needed time to make a decision. But if you look on the paperwork it says the judge filed a decision on the same day we went to court. So the judge really didn't need much time to determine who won. It was probably just a formality that he told us to leave and that he would make a decision later. In the courtroom is was pretty clear by the judges facial expressions and the attitude he gave Work's attorney on every point they tried to argue that the case was going to be found in my favor.

I didn't even turn in the 30 page essay I made that expressed my argument which included pictures and evidence to back up my argument. I saw what Work's argument packet included and after sitting through all their verbal arguments and reasoning I decided I didn't even have to turn in my packet. The judge did a very thorough job of getting both sides story plus I figured it would give me better optics to not turn in a convoluted argument against a hired attorney who submitted a hugely convoluted packet of information. Attorneys aren't a common fixture in small claims court and are often seen as a bullying tactic when hired by a business against a person who is representing themselves.

Follow what happened here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...96#post3213496
The Following User Says Thank You to TachyonBomb For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (07-13-2019)