Old 11-18-2020, 01:55 PM   #208
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiranakayama View Post
Looks are subjective, of course, but I'm sure the performance of this new version will be much improved!

Like others have said, the design feels... off. Maybe it'll grow on people as it ages as people tend to not like refreshes at first. I'd be curious to see what the aftermarket will do for the much maligned front end. No helping the fundamental shape of those new headlight units though. From some angles it looks great (rear three quarter, profile) from others (front, front three quarter) it looks ungainly. The rear end looks like a Honda Accord mixed with Lexus RC-F. The front looks like a weird impression of Porsche something-or-other. On the interior, the new seats look fantastic and that dash design reminds me of the Toyota MR2 Spyder. I'm still trying to decide if that's a pro or a con... The digital gauge cluster seems like a checkbox the marketing department demanded be checked. Digital clusters tend to age quickly and this isn't a fancy enough one to really be excited about and runs counter to the "simple and affordable sports car" ethos of the car.

Mixed bag, really.
Well summed up!

Dadhawk (11-18-2020), Sasquachulator (11-18-2020)