View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 02:11 AM   #405
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The other issue that I am running into is trying to bleed the clutch. For some reason, it just isn't bleeding. I had the wife pump the clutch a few times and hold it down, and I cracked the bleeder and closed it, and we repeated, but no good. I tried having her pump then slowly depress, as I crack and close before she bottoms out the clutch pedal, but there is no movement on the clutch master cylinder piston. It is like it is all the way out already. I can push in the piston, and then it will move back and forth, as she pushes on the clutch pedal against my finger, but it won't extend further agains the fork.

The only thing I can think of that is different, and I thought it was a good thing, was the retention clip for the fork on the pivot really snapped in place this time, and I was probably riding on the outside of clip previously. I used a scope to look inside, and there was a gap between the TOB and pressure plate, but it didn't look like anything had fallen off. Maybe a clip on the fork to the TOB dislodged. I don't know, but it is annoying. I might need to get some type of speed bleeder or vacuum bleeder, but I might remove the transmission again to make sure something isn't wonky. Annoying.