View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #29
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@oinojo Im not, at least not during mid and low speed corners, where the problem is more present, at high aero loads maybe. I will know for sure at Tremblant, since corner 1 is an uphill 110-120mph flat out corner. But so far no indication that I am.
@CSG Mike Both videos were with pedal dance on. He drives an na miata that has nothing (not even ABS), and he commented how the only thing he could perceived electronics wise was the ABS being very intrusive, so much so that he encouraged me to search for a way to disable it without destroying brake bias, of course. Tires were 245/45R17 Nittos NT01 on 17x9 wheels, pads were Stoptech SR33 (on the C43 kit) on the front, DTC-60 on stock calipers on the rears.
@soundman98 The car is not very low at all, at around 20-25mm lower than stock at the front, and at around stock height in the rear. Springs are very stiff, 12k all around, but are a necessity for aero, its an evil I need to live with basically. The car is not running "for show" aero, its really loading the shit out of those springs, I would not go lower, even after facing all of these problems, the car is still faster than last year with less aero and softer springs.
@Racecomp Engineering After that day at the track I came to the same conclusion, not as simple as a diff swap. The coilovers are rebound ajustable only, so I think like you that maybe the compression may not be up to par for the job here. Im getting adjustable sway bars to try and have a bit more control over how the car reacts. At least, if anything, I should have more tools to play with, as so far, playing with the tools I have seems to not be enough.

Thanks for your input guys, its really appretiated. Also I would like to say that the car is by no means slow, its still clocking times about 1 to 2 seconds faster (in 1:45 to 2:20 minute long laps) than last years, its just that we feel we are leaving even more time on the table with the setup of it. Of course more power would be an easy way to go faster, but I want to sort out the suspension for the level of aero Im running now before touching the engine.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote