Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,435 Times in 6,150 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
and....I'm sure that Pfizer, Moderna, J&J and all the others have no stake other than public safety and health in this situation...

"Demand for the Pfizer-BioNTech shot, also known as Comirnaty, has soared thanks to the strong efficacy it has demonstrated thus far. Pfizer expects $15 billion in 2021 sales from existing orders of the vaccine. The companies have so far inked supply deals for 1.4 billion doses.

The companies are working around the clock to try to meet demand. This week, BioNTech said the partners aim to churn out 2.5 billion doses this year.

Meanwhile, Pfizer and BioNTech have recently launched a new study to evaluate the effect of a third, booster shot against circulating and potential new variants. They said it would offer a “flexible solution for rapidly adapting the vaccine” for use against potential new virus strains.

BioNTech management also suggest a potential for a booster every six to 18 months based on observations of declining neutralizing antibody titers after the initial two-dose vaccination schedule. But in an investor note Tuesday, SVB Leerink analyst Daina Graybosch argued the third shot “could be more broadly effective and durable in protection than the initial prime/boost of BNT-162b2—limiting the need for long-term re-boosting.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/11/busin...nue/index.html
It sounds like you are selling the additional research as a bad thing. But I see them reinvesting what they have made off the vaccine into further research that may or may not work out. Totally what I would do if I were them. Yes they are a business with employees who need to be paid and shareholders who would like to see a profit, we don't live in a communist society after all. I don't see the problem here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-07-2021)