gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
still faster this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaisli View Post
No reason? You mean the same Toyota that killed off the MR2, the Celica and the Supra? I'm sorry I don't share your faith. And a google search isn't going to change that. So long as Toyota are selling a million Corollas a year and they have the capital to push through the personal indulgences of Akio Toyota or Tetsuya Tada, they'll do so. When the money is tight, they won't.

That was under a different CEO.... they have tons of money they are just sitting on. Toyota has always been the most profitable and highest value automaker so idk what are trying to say.

[/B]That's it? a bunch of PR rubbish? Sorry to say, but he can make all the fun, good looking cars he wants. If new car sales tank like they did back in 2009~2010, projects that don't make money are going to be cut. Simple as that.

thats actually BS. Akio pushed the Toyota board to built both the LFA and 86. you do know that whole Lexus line doesn't really make any money for Toyota.... but they still do it.

No I don't. But as I already said, it's about only selling half as many as they anticipated. Regardless of where they're selling them. And I take the lack of future powertrain editions to be a bad sign. Same with the lack of a convertible. Would I be interested in a drop top FR-S? No. Would I buy a hybrid FR-S? No. But it means Toyota don't think enough people would to warrant their development cost. Just as they MAY be questioning an updated GT86 in 2017.

Um why the hell would Toyota make a hybrid $35k FRS to began with? this is a cheap affordable car. keeping it as it makes sense. again, there has been no official word on a drop top so... ok i never said there was a market for a hybrid did i????
gymratter is offline   Reply With Quote