View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #13
SoCal80six

Drives: Asphalt frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86fun View Post
I was hoping to use the CARB tune with my Edelbrock, but it's looking like I'll just be using it for smog tests, it's too erratic for my taste. Hesitation, tip in stalling, inconsistency, lots of little annoying issues. Trying to get them resolved remote is extremely time consuming and takes forever. It's drivable, but just not smooth and takes away from the fun of driving the car.

I was going to go for the Delicious tune, but I'm rethinking that choice, too many people are unhappy with remote/generic tunes. My car seems to be telling me that it needs some in person personal care with the tune, as it doesn't work well with existing tunes that others apparently have no issues with. I have no more confidence in remote tuning, having been through it the past few months and still not 100%. I was really hoping not to have the expense of a full custom tune, but I think I'm at my ropes end here.

My question is, who is the very best tuner in the Bay Area? I know there is no one answer, but I want to see some proof they have tuned some cars well and people are happy with them. I really wish Moto-East or Delicious was around here, but they're not unfortunately. Who is next best? Any ideas on full cost of a custom tune, including ALL drivability ranges/loads?

Thanks!
I went with a delicious tune and had a horrible experience. Bought a fashion and go tune from them had a lot of trouble with it. Even had bill himself dial it In. And a few weeks later car over boosted and destroyed motor. Put a hole through cylinder wall, Rod snapped , fried pistons, ran lean, and even bent a cam. Soon as motor blew called delicious and tried to get some answers for what could've cause it since I thought I had ob protection . No help what so ever. And supposedly they did not even put overboost protection which they say comes standard in their tunes. They also told me they didnt have enough room to add it ahah.Not saying their a bad tuning company just expected a lot more from them seeing how popular they are. But I have heard great things on bills custom tunes. But be careful with flash and go tunes!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by SoCal80six; 03-25-2016 at 06:27 PM.
SoCal80six is offline   Reply With Quote