Old 07-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #173
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
So if we like the engine we are just wrong and it is hyperbole?
No, nor did I say it was
Quote:
You say everybody doesn't respect opinions and then proceed to run down those with differing opinions?
Didn't do that either.. I didn't call out anyone with a differening opinion, I called out false arguments and ad hominem attacks, which are things that should be called out. If you tell me you think the FA20 isn't a good boxer engine and I try to counter with "but what about the testerossa?" That's a false argument because the testy doesn't have an FA20... You see that line of reasoning is called "Arguing a false premise."
Quote:
Nobody here can be inspired by this engin because you are not?
We have the ability to quote things, did I say this? Or are you "arguing a false premise"? Please quote where I said (or even eluded to) that because I don't enjoy this engine other cannot?
Quote:
Pointing out that a particular lead engineer (it was made by two full teams not one dude) planned the car the way it is becomes deification?
Come on Rice throughout yor post you managed to hit almost every high point that you were calling others out for.
Well, in some cases. Yes. This is a natural tendency of humans though, we tend to put people on too high of pedestals. Having one person say, "I don't really like this" and the counter is, "But so-and-so engineer made it!" It's a version of deification because it assumes that any critique of said person is automatically wrong. As for doing the thing I'm calling others out for, I did not use false logic arguments or personal attacks in an attempt to shed light on such things... with the exception of the Testaross retort.
Quote:
I felt the car sits way to high stock and the standard exhaust is feeble at best so I changed them. End of story and I don't feel the need to tell everybody here that they are fools for leaving it or not changing to exactly what I think they should have. People are perfectly satisfied with this engine but if you are not inspired then change it don't tell us we can't be inspired by it.
You're doing it wrong.
I am attacking false logic, personal attacks and strawmans. I never told you that you cannot be inspired by the FA20, I just stated a dissenting opinion. Maybe you're projecting? It seems like you're being defensive very defensive and perhaps you're very fond of this engine but I didn't say you couldn't be.
Tcoat (07-04-2015)