CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,178 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagthomas View Post
@CSG Mike

Regarding the more than 16 clicks of dumping adjustment on my flex As, I could not find any more details other than raw information across web. I know it has been discussed here and there, but could not trace any in depth explanation as to why I should not pass 16 clicks CCW (from full stiff).

As per Tein, they use the same click knob on their race coilovers, thats why the knob can go more than 16 clicks. I know also that tein advises not go beyond 16 click CCW as can damage the needle valve setting. They also say that even though you can go further than 16 (27 in my case), only the 16 clicks actually adjust damping, rest do not do anything.

So here come my questions:

1) Could you please explain to me what exactly is meant by "damage the needle valve setting"? How does this exactly affect the performance of the damper? Is this also considered a damage on the damper or affect its lifespan?
2) I have always felt that the 16 clicks CCW (full soft) are actually a little stiff. I would expect them a little softer on bumps. However, even though they say that there is no any actual damping adjustment beyond 16 clicks CCW, then why at 21 CCW set now I feel them so much softer? Would it feel softer because damper actually is not operating properly? Could you tell me how it is actually working in there?
3) Since I am a little concerned about this amount of stiffness at 16 clicks CCW, how can I check the actual performance of the dampers practically? Unfortunately, I cannot dyno them anywhere here in Greece to compare with original curves that tein UK already provided me. Coilovers have only 20k km.

Many thanks in advance for your time
Because if you go past the max, you can cause the calibration of the adjustment click to be off.

if you are getting less damping force beyond 16, then you've caused the calibration to become off.

At 16 clicks from maximum damping, the car should be very soft and ride like a boat.

Tein UK does not have the ability to sell CSG spec Flex A's.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote