Old 06-06-2016, 02:24 PM   #3961
dp1
driving smoother faster

Drives: Sold
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamtruk View Post
Suspension is stock, so stock ride height? How can I be slammed with stock suspension?

28k miles on stock dampers with around 15 track days (2-3 hours of track time per day). Surface is tarmac not asphalt so it is smooth, but no rubbery smooth. Tires are 225/45/17 Maxxis RC1. So far I have tried 38, 35 and 32 hot pressures on them. 32 produced the fastest times and better turn in.

It is not sudden oversteer, its stable, predictable, always there at every turn in oversteer. The car has no understeer on it at turn entry, at all, ever, it goes straigh to oversteer. The only way I can kind of experience understeer is at corner exit on slow corners if I stat accelerating too soon.

You've spent some time on track and your alignment and pressures look ok. FR-S has some oversteer built from the factory. Heard that RC1 like clean lines so smooth inputs near the limit can make a difference. Does it behave the same on both left and right turns? May be worth having somebody familiar with twins inspect the suspension, also a more experienced twin driver take a few laps with your car on track, if that's an option. To each their own but I wouldn't touch aero before upgrading dampers, and perhaps some bushings if you want a more track focused car.
dp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dp1 For This Useful Post:
Icecreamtruk (06-06-2016)