View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 05:51 AM   #18
sygfrid
FT8Syg

Drives: `12 FRS & `17 BRZ Inazuma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Not so common upgrade but quite useful if you have developed sensitivity to the nuances & feel of your car: TRD DOOR STABILIZER. It stiffens the mid section by removing the door door striker gap & thereby making the mid a solid area to reduce chasis flex especially in sudden turns while maintaining its neutral feel.

STI springs will lower the car about 0.75". TRD springs will lower it around 1-1.25". The TRD lowering springs are quite cheap too on Amazon/Ebay via a Toyota Dealer.

I highly recommend Bilstein B6 too as it improves ride comfort while keeping the planted & sporty feel of the car without the HARSHNESS of the stock especially on uneven roads/potholes. If you pair it with the lowering springs like TRD, the car will sit tiny bit higher, perhaps around 0.95". I can't remember the reason for this if it's bec. the shocks are more resistant to compression vs oem or something about its physical structure that's a tad longer than oem. Nevertheless, it's a huge improvement performance-wise over OEM.

If you want more feel on your wheels/tires, go with lightweight racing wheels like Enkei RPF1 & PF01. Both are around 17 lbs (16.5 I think) at 17x7.5 vs 20 lbs 17x7.0 stock. Even at 18x7.5, they sit less than 18 lbs (17.7 I think) vs 24 lbs TRD 18x7.5. Heavier wheels & thicker tires will dampen road vibration.
Modding for daily fun & efficiency: Gruppe-S UEL, HKS dual res. FP, STi Per. Muffler, Delicious T. Ecutek tune, Crawford BPB, Grimmspeed CAI, STi Flex T. Bar, TRD Door Stabilizer, DSS aluminum propeller shaft, Verus diffuser & underbody covers, Verus LCA, Perrin bushings, Bilstein B6+RCE Yellows, Michelin PS4S + 18" WedsSport TC105X-summer, Michelin Alpin PA4 +18" Motegi MR140-winter

Last edited by sygfrid; 10-28-2020 at 06:25 AM.
sygfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sygfrid For This Useful Post:
NLSP (11-02-2020), Thefalls (10-28-2020)