View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 01:22 PM   #47
BRZ Fanboi

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
1. By taking just the added timing and not the whole map, adding random timing is EXACTLY what you are doing.

2. I can guarantee that the added timing by itself in my timing map gives ABSOLUTELY ZERO more power. My map has timing adjustments for smoothing and timing adjustments due to leaner cruise fuel map. By taking the positive adjustments used for smoothing without the negative parts, you're potentially doing more bad than good.

3. Any improvement in power in my E85 roms are from tweaked maf scales and load limits, all fuel, not timing.

4. Knock has nothing to do with MBT on E85. It's been said many times in many threads both on this forum and many others, you can't magically make more power simply by adding timing without a dyno to measure output.

If you had initially asked for help and feedback on your unfortunately misguided ideas as an amateur (like the rest of us) instead of posting wild claims and pretending to be an expert when you're clearly not, you wouldn't have been met with hostility.

I've been working on adding more timing back in under cruise for the leaner map, but it won't be released until it's tested. Just because you don't get any knock driving around the block doesn't mean you won't get knock and drop IAM and power across the board under other conditions. For people who do have sensitive knock sensors the last thing they need is IAM drop at the track due to knock corrections under cruise on the way there.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread again. It doesn't add anything to the forum except noise. You should use the OTS fuel and timing maps together or my fuel and timing maps together. Don't mix and match. Just like if you use 91 or 93 use the OTS 91 and 93 base timing maps. It's that simple.
First of all thanks for all you do. You are an amazing asset to the forum and you do excellent work. Because of You, steve99, ztan, and Shiv we can all enjoy enhanced SAFE performance in our cars.
I have a few points I want to address:

I am using Shiv's timing map with slight changes. I am not using your fuel map but Shivs which corresponds to Shiv's timings. I have however added in some advanced timing which is featured in your tune. I modified Shiv's fuel map in certain areas to suit the advanced timings. I have not just added timing by itself. I know that some improvement in power in your E85 tunes are from tweaked maf scales and load limits. Thank you for those. I have used them in my tune and I must say you are right. Again I am not just adding random timing. I have added advanced timing featured in your well-tested tune and adjusted the fuel map to suit it. My tuning might be a little too aggressive for some, hence the disclaimer, but it is not the picture you paint of it. BTW Congrats on v86 of your tune. I look forward to checking it out.
BRZ Fanboi is offline   Reply With Quote