Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD View Post
Happy Monday everyone, let me share my weekend story in condensed form:

Went to go look at a car this weekend, the seller agreed to meet halfway (since he was out of state), he trailered it there, and forgot the key to the car.

So we go to a locksmith to get a key made (which took about an hour), and get back to the car. The seller drives with me in the passenger seat to the gas station air pump to put air in the tires (one was low) and the car shut off while we were pumping air in the tire.

Anyway, the car had a switch panel in it. Turns out one of the switches grounded out and fried the ECU.

Needless to say, I did not purchase a track toy this weekend. I will say, the seller knew his stuff, he found the problem quickly and the car was definitely a legit build with $$$ parts , and he was cool about the whole thing. But it feels nice that I dodged that bullet, and putting the money back into my account felt nice as well, haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD View Post
Lol, well looking back I definitely should have, but after making the drive I at least wanted to see the car run. Oh well
Probably best to have walked away anyway since in my experience anybody that "finds" an electrical problem quickly means they knew exactly where to look since it had happened before and would probably happen again.
humfrz (09-25-2017), NickD (09-26-2017), Ultramaroon (09-25-2017), wireman957 (09-25-2017)