Old 06-09-2021, 05:41 PM   #247
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
idling too long can actually cause more harm then good. You have less oil pressure, typically a richer less clean burn with more fuel contamination into the oil, and you extend the total overall warmup time. waiting about 30seconds or just after initial higher rpm idle drop which of the two takes longer is plenty, perhaps in freezing temps another 20-30seconds but otherwise no point.

You should be shifting just before limiter for maximum acceleration, 6k is far from when you should be shifting. Peak hp is meaningless. You shift when mechanical torque at the wheel in the current gear is less than mechanical torque at the wheel would be in the next gear you would be shifting to, typically this rpm however is beyond even the limiter so we are limited to the rpm of the limiter before shifting.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I am confused. You're saying I should be shifting at around 7k RPM (assuming redline is around 7.2kRPM)? My torque and HP are highest right at 6k RPM; if this is the max in the current gear, how could the torque be higher in the next when I am upshifting?
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote