Old 09-26-2022, 07:24 AM   #19618
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Who's the one over reacting here? Cause it looks like it's you - like you just can't let this go for some reason and admit that there's differing opinions about this topic.

You're also assuming additional details that the OP never mentioned. Let's re-read his post:

"Went something like this this rainy morning:
“Hello, unfortunately we left the windows down in your car and it’s filled with water. We sent it out to be detailed. Very sorry.”"

There's no pertinent information regarding amount of time that passed from the rain's start nor the duration that the water sat inside the car. They also said "filled with water" - which doesn't sound like it was just an hour of weak drizzling that lightly misted the floor's carpets.

Frankly I don't understand why you're pulling the "it's just a little water, ya *****" act and dying on a hill about this. It's simply incorrect to say "Suck it out with a vacuum leave the windows down for a couple of hours and bingo as good as new." - no, it's not "good as new", not by a long shot.
I can't let go? I can't admit there are different opinions? You have responded to each of my comments so I think this is a two way street. So you are saying that all opinions are valid except mine. The question of "what do you think?" was asked and I gave my answer. You didn't like that answer so it is invalid and I should not express my OPINION.

You accuse me of assuming and them immediately make assumptions. Hypocrite much? Did you miss the following post where it was stated that the "filled with water" was hyperbole and really it was door pans and seats? The original statement (as you yourself said) stated it was that morning so I am not assuming anything.

Cars get rain and in them all the time it is just some water not acid or a petri dish. The reality is that it can indeed be sucked out and left to dry. Or even just let it dry for that matter. Could you get some mold? Sure but the chances are remote even if you don't do a thing. Mold like a nice damp location but needs time to develop. If it is saturated it is too wet and once dry the condition is gone. In this case it was sent to a detailer. They will know if there is a risk of mold and take the appropriate actions. Getting all bent out of shape over it is ridiculous. As far as all this "down the road" talk goes that is just plain stupid. Clean it up and move on. It really is that simple.

I have never even once implied much less said "you ****" but if that is how you read my posts that is and indication of your mindset not mine. If comments such as "ask for replacement value" and "inform your insurance company" are not overreactions I really would like to know where it should end. The scrap yards must be chock full of cars that had some rain come in the window if this is the case.

Love car forums! "Modify or die", "Turbo everything", "Swap, swap swap", "More power", "You got some rain through the windows? RECKT"

OK your turn to charge the hill.