View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #13
blueskiesgreenlights

Drives: 2020 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Many thanks, soundman98!

I'll try to find out who switched out the muffler in the first place and suggest that they offer my performance muffler to a prospective customer.

You're right. Scosche lists the audio wire color code that conforms to the E.I A. standard. I had to dig up the Scosche bag from FR-S2GT86's recent DIY project and I can confirm that Scosche provides this info on the back side of the packaging bag. Hopefully, I would have discovered this once the part is delivered in a couple of days but it eases my mind to have it.

I had originally planned to route it under the passenger side door sill covers but my understanding is that a power line located next to a speaker wire will cause sound issues. If I can't easily route the power line under the center console, would it be OK to, say, route the power line along the passenger side floor and separate the two by running the speaker wire a few inches higher?

I was considering using a passive crossover in lieu of the bi-amp crossover that Sony provides but I couldn't get the FS value of the tweeters from Sony that would allow me to calculate and acquire the correct sized capacitor for the tweeters. Also, as this is pushing the edge of my confidence I decided to bi-amp the Sony components.

If those panels are indeed a pain to remove this supports my preference of getting this project done once and for all.
blueskiesgreenlights is offline   Reply With Quote